We’re Geokul Ltd (referred to as ‘We”, “Us” or “Our”), a global, digital online gaming and gambling company (Company no. C 60820), registered address being 85, St. John Street, Valletta, Malta, VLT1165.
Geokul is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, including any Personal Information that you may choose to provide Us (“Personal Information”) at geokul.com (“Our Site”) including any Personal Information you provide pertinent to the recruitment process.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), the data controller is Geokul Ltd of ‘85 St John Street, Valletta, Malta, VLT1165 (hereinafter referred to as Geokul). Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent in writing to Geokul Ltd in the above-mentioned address or to our DPO@geogaminggroup.com.
We collect, use, and process Personal Information that you have provided to Us for a stipulated purpose. We may collect Personal Information from the following sources:
- you, as Our candidate;
- your referees (for example present and past employers);
- third parties carrying out background checks on our behalf; and
- publicly available sources such as LinkedIn.
In order to be able to process your application successfully. We generally require the following information:
- Contact Information: your name, surname, address, zip code, date of birth, email address, phone number;
- Relevant Employment Information: employment history, CV, cover letter, references (including details on positions held and performance in previous employment), salary expectations, and other relevant documentation in support of the recruitment process; and
- If applicable Eligibility details: willingness to relocate, applicable notice period, preferred start sate, current and/or future work eligibility status, visa type and visa expiry date;
- Other: any other information you may voluntarily provide Us.
Furthermore, some data, which may be considered Personal Data, is collected automatically from your device when you access Our Site. This data could be twofold:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call Our customer service number.
In accordance with applicable AML laws, successful candidates may also be required submit their police conduct reports.
Personal data from Third Parties
We may also acquire Personal Data about You from third parties to further personalise and enhance your experience on Our Site. These Personal Data will be processed relying on Our legitimate interests to optimise, develop and improve Our Site for your comfort.
We will only process your Personal Information as described in this Notice. The processing of Personal Information relating to recruitment, that you provide Us with, is required to go through certain necessary steps in order to be able to enter into a contract of employment with you. These necessary steps include:
- communicating with you in the context of recruitment activities;
- verifying your information and carrying out reference and background checks (where applicable);
- assessing your suitability for the role applied for; and
- managing recruitment and resourcing activities related to organizational planning.
In addition, based on our legitimate interests to find great talent and keep you updated about future relevant roles, We will keep your CV in our database for one year in order to contact you about future open positions if we believe that your profile would be relevant for these roles, unless you have opted-out from receiving this information.
Please note that if you are offered and accept employment with Us, the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record. More information on how we process information of Our employees will be provided upon offer acceptance.
Personal Data that are automatically collected about you and/or received from third parties will be used to operate Our websites as well as to ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device. To give a few examples this includes:
- administration of Our Site and internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- keeping Our Site safe and secure;
- combining Personal Data from third parties with the information We hold to personalize and enhance your experience on Our Site.
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide Us with the required Personal Information, however if you do not provide the information which is required to go through the necessary steps prior to entering into a contract with you, we will not be able to process your application further. For example, evidence of qualifications, work history, and/or references.
Your Personal Information may, for the purposes described above, be transferred or disclosed to any associated company within the Group based on intra-group data sharing and processing agreement and, subject to appropriate agreements, to carefully chosen third parties with which we also have data processing agreements in place. Your Personal Information may be shared, for example, with the following third parties for the following purposes:
- vendors to optimize and help Us in recruitment process;
- background check agencies;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist Us in the improvement and optimisation of Our Site; and
- IT systems providers (hosting providers, database service providers)
- to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation.
Furthermore, if We are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with our legal obligations, or in order to establish, defend or exercise any legal claims.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
All data is stored or otherwise processed within a country in the European Economic Area (EEA). For any partner that is outside EEA we apply the fullest safeguards possible. You can get more information by contacting our DPO at DPO@geogaminggroup.com.
We will keep your Personal Information for the purpose of providing you with information regarding suitable openings for one (1) year from your last application, unless you inform us not to. If you do not wish Us to keep you updated on vacancies, We will delete your data following a limited period from the end of the recruitment process. We retain this information in the event of legal claims in respect of a recruitment decision, as proof that We have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and legal manner. We will delete your data as soon as these legal obligations cease to exist.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change your information, please update us on DPO@geogaminggroup.com.
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any information is encrypted and protected. In addition to Our comprehensive technical and physical security measures, We have several policies and guidelines in place to make sure that your data are treated in a secure manner.
GDPR gives you the following rights:
You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your purpose data – right to be informed;
You may request, information about your personal data that we process, legal basis and processing purposes, categories of recipients of your personal data stored as well other information related to your personal data – right to access;
You have the right to ask us to correct or complete your personal data if you consider them not complete or inaccurate – right to rectification;
You have right for your personal data to be deleted if there is no other legal basis that justify their retention – right to erasure;
You have the right for your data to be transferred to other organization – data portability;
You have the right to object processing of your personal data in a situation where such processing is based on tasks carried out in public interest or based on legitimate interest – right to object;
You have the right to ask for your data not to be processed for the period of deciding about your complaint in regard of challenging legality of processing of data, punctuality of data, if legitimate interest is outweighing your rights and in situations where you want your data to be kept for potential legal claims – right to restrict processing;
Please be aware that for the for the purpose of commencing and exercising employment, the Company do not use profiling tools or fully automatic decision-making processes.
You need to be aware that there are exceptions/limitations to these rights. For example, access to personal data may be denied in some circumstances if making the information available would reveal personal information about another person or if we are legally prevented from disclosing such information. Also, deletion of data will not be possible during the applicable retention periods based on labour and other relevant laws.
You may submit a request to exercise these rights DPO@geogaminggroup.com.
Lodge a complaint
If you have concerns about the way in which your data is being handled by us you have the right to lodge a complaint with the IDPC on https://idpc.org.mt/.
We reserve the right to make changes and corrections to this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please note that each version of this Notice is identified by its effective date.